Saturday, December 27, 2014

Don't Cut Yourself Short!

How often do you find yourself cutting your workouts short, or cutting out a set or lowering your reps?  

You may think this doesn't necessarily sound like it might be a problem...But it is a problem!  Plus it is not just a problem in your health and wellness goals.  This cut it short attitude will often carry over in other areas of life.  

This is called cheating yourself in health and wealth.  Why do you do this?  Have you asked yourself? I did! I asked myself!  I didn't like my answers.  So now is the time for YOU to stop cheating yourself. I know that when I asked myself, that was the beginning of my defining moment.  I wanted to stop cheating, and start creating true health and wealth in my life.  I want to give you a few tips to help you to STOP CHEATING YOUR HEALTH AND WEALTH.

So we are going to focus on the health side of creating and not cheating.  When we have health mentally and physically, we will have wealth. 

Most people that you talk to will just say “Well the simple answer is, stop ending sets and workouts early.”  Of course we know that you can say that, but most won’t put it into action.  So how do we change?

Let's start with something simple.  How about you think about why you decided to do the workout in the first place. What is your reason? Some people may want to be able to play with their children, look better in public, feel better in their own skin, or complete a half-marathon or other event, but what is your reason?  Let me repeat myself...WHAT IS YOUR REASON?  Don't just read on...Seriously, What is Your Reason?  Write it down. Think about it. Own it!

So now that you have given it some thought, and you have shifted your thoughts to why you first decided to do the workout we need to focus on another part of the process of change.  This part is dedication.  No I am not talking the simple, just get dedicated to your workout.  I am talking about creating a dedication that can help you create success within your workout.  Yes dedicate yourself, but why not dedicate your workouts to an important person in your life? This way if you fail to succeed in your workouts, you are ‘failing’ your dedicated person.

These couple tips can really help keep yourself honest DURING your workout. If you read this far, chances are you have struggled with finishing each set fully, each workout, or each exercise plan in the past.
 
You hear about being consistent equals’ results.  Well it is true.  Now you need to add the strategies that help you and keep you motivated and accountable so you can be consistent and reach your goals, finish your workouts.


Find what works for you and use it.  You will reach success!

No comments:

Post a Comment